Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Making Life better by what we do and think

I was watching it snow again for the last several days. Oh how exciting. One good thing about it, it melts quickly and usually doesn't stick to the roads. But what happened to our lovely 50s, 60s, and even 70s? I know it will come again but oh how sweet that sounds - again sometime.

I have been having a difficult time the last few days - not feeling so great with lots of pain and such. So I finally listened to my Daughter Sue and went on line and looked up the symptoms of fibermylagia. One of the triggers so to speak is "stress". Boy doesn't that get a lot of blame? Anyway, I'm waiting to hear when I can get into a doctor that is suppose to tell me what is wrong. All the tests I've taken so far have turned out negative. Sure doesn't help the lady feeling yucky.

Well anyway, today I went to get my nails done and the gal that does them is the happiest lady I know. She is so pleasant and is so calming. After I spent that hour with her I felt so much better and was determined not to let this get the best of me. It seems I have so many auto immune diseases that one more shouldn't bother me BUT it does. I know that positive thinking and taking care of one's self are major and also learning to sit limits. That one I am working on.

Taking a point from another Daughter, Steph - listing the things I'm grateful:

I am grateful for people that care
The love of my family
The love of my husband (what would I do without him?)
The love of my Heavenly Father
The love of my grandchildren
For my Mom - who tries to love me

Thank you Lord for everything

2 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Aww, Mom, you're the best! Can't wait to see you soon.

love ya

skipper said...

I hope they can find out what's wrong soon...it was sure good seeing you guys today! By the way, Rachel's mom has a tumor in her brain. Boy am I glad you're not going in for brain surgery!
Love ya