Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

It has certainly been a lovely day today for me and I hope for all of you. We had two of our five daughters and their families here to enjoy a family picnic and each other. It was a lovely time and then I got to talk on the phone to the other three daughters. Yes, I am very fortunate to have these great women as my daughters.

I look back when they were children and I was feeling tired and rushing around all of the time, little did I realize how fun it would be to reach "old" age and watch our daughters with their families and what supper Mom's they would be. No I don't take credit for that they have done a lot on their own. I see their struggles but also I see their strengths and the fine women they are.

In many ways they have so much in common and in others they are so different. I see their kindness, loving, compassionate and willingness to serve others.

Thank you Lord for giving these fine spirits to my care and now for the opportunity I have to watch them raise their own children.

Love to you all on this Mother's Day.

3 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Thanks, Mom. Happy Mother's Day to you too!

skipper said...

Thanks, Mom! We had a fun time yesterday, too. Happy Mother's Day!

sues2u2 said...

Well, I finally did it. I've left you some bloggy love.