Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Family

I have been on this earth close to 68 years. I thought I knew everything when I was younger and as I grew older (20s) I was still sure I knew everything but of course, that has to come to a close sometime in your life - like when your children reach teens years.

Then comes adult years and as I have watched my children mature and become parents themselves I see many things I did when I was first a parent but I also see many things they have improved on. They teach their children more indepth about so many things, why we really celebrate Easter, about Christ's birth and death. They play with their children, like go skiing, playing in the water, water skiing, going to the zoos, animal parks. They have fun with their children much more than we did and that's good. As I look back from when I was a child, I hopefully improved on how I was taught and now our children are improving on how they were taught. This makes me so happy to see my children as they are women and mothers and what they do and have done.

I just wish they had worked out their problems with each other a bit sooner. Because of the turmoil when I was raised I don't deal with it very well at this point in my life. I want my children to love one another and see the good in each other but most of all I want my children to see the good in themselves. All of them are wonderful women and I'm proud to say they are my daughters. Each of them have wonderful qualities and talents and they are expanding on these qualities and talents in their own ways.

I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, five wonderful daughters, 4 wonderful sons (by adoption through marriage) and 10 grandchildren plus one more on the way and I give thanks each and every day. I pray that each of them will find the peace and love they need and that they will find their way. I love each of you.

2 comments:

sues2u2 said...

It'll be alright, mom. We basically love each other & well, sometimes we act like kids. We just get tired of our kids being the only ones who can throw temper tantrums! Just kidding

(you do know that I was referring to me, right?)

Pat said...

Now I understand what all of this is about. Thanks for letting me in on the "secret".

Love ya,