Sunday, August 29, 2010

Life

I have put off writing about this for a while because it is so close to my heart. A week ago this last Friday, August 20, 2010 our youngest daughter Kristie gave birth to a long awaited little girl. This "little" girl was quite big, 8lbs 13 oz and 21 inches long so this gave her Mom a bit of a problem. Kristie was unable to deliver her except by C section. This was all well and good and after a very long day everyone was thrilled to see this new little member to our family, Ashlinn Mary. After much cooing and ooing we left to go home. When we got home my husband and I called it day and had "cereal" for dinner and settled down for the evening.

A short time later the phone rang and it was Kristie's husband telling us she was taken back into the OR for surgery. We threw on our clothes and headed back to the hospital. I called her sisters and my Mom to tell them and ask them to all pray for her. I must admit I wasn't worth much at that point. My baby was seriously in trouble. It seems she had a blood clot that had stopped her body from doing what it should after a birth. She was bleeding beyond what she should have been. After hearing what all happened I realize just how fortunate/blessed we were that her hubby Jared was there with her in her room and went to call for help immediately when they realized how much trouble she was in. The doctors and nurses worked very hard to save our daughter's life. Thank you to everyone that gives so much in their line of work.

This story does have a happy ending, our daughter came back from surgery not looking so great but has since been recovering rapidly. She looks like nothing so serious has happened but we all know. I won't soon forget how very fragile life is. I like so many others takes delivering a baby as "the norm" but it does take a great deal of work on Mom's part whether it be normal way or C section and the outcome can be so tenuous.

I thank my Father in Heaven for this miracle in our lives. For this precious little girl that has come into our extended family.

As I've said before we have 11 grandchildren and each of them are so special and wonderful. Each of them bring joy to our hearts and lives and we give thanks to the Lord for sending them to our family.

I thought having my own kids was difficult - ha - not anywhere as difficult as watching our daughter's give birth.

No comments: