Saturday, July 2, 2011

Catch Up

So much has happened since I last wrote - I am so inconsistent at times. Others not so bad - oh well! Anyway, in the past while, our second daughter and her family were evacuated from the Monument fire in AZ. They were one of the first to be evacuated and were out for over 2 1/2 weeks. They lived with good people willing to share their homes for all of that time. When they were finally allowed back in the Dad went because our daughter and her two kids took a trip up to St. George to have a respite with her sister's family. The kids really needed a break from not knowing what was happening with their lives for a short while and just be kids again. The medicine worked, they both bloomed back into the lovely young ones they were all along. Our daughter also needed some down time to be allowed to assimilate all that was going on and that her home really was saved. They only took a few clothes and some pictures and their lap top computer. They walked out the door and left everything they had. Oh except they took their dog, fish and lizard. For payment, they were blessed with their home being saved along with one other one and a couple that were only partially damaged and the rest of the homes were burned to the ground. Just saying that makes me want to cry for all of those that have to start over, but they have such a great attitude about how lucky they are to have all of their loved ones out and some for neighbors getting their beloved cars (collection) out and to safety as the family was on vacation out of the state. Thank you Father that no person was lost during this fire. Such devastation over neglect to put out a camp fire.

I was thinking how grateful I am for our family and loved ones and the fact that they are taking on life's many challenges and forging onward. Some challenges are great ones and some are, in others views small, but they are still stumbling blocks for us to overcome and grow.

There is a lady in our ward that is without a doubt one of the kindest, sweetest and most caring (especially for children, she's a great teacher) I know. She has not been blessed with a mate or children and her heart is really taking a beating. How I wish I had the knowledge to help her through this heartache. She has remained stalwart in the Church even though family is such a BIG part of it all. But every once in a while it is just too much for her to bear. Please say a prayer for this lady because she needs us to help her in her times of difficulty. I guess I feel so much more for her because of our oldest daughter who is facing much the same circumstances except she has left the Church and even God because of it. There are times when I feel like it's too much for me to bear the heart ache for our daughter but then I remind myself this is her journey and I am only a bystander but being her mother makes me want to make it all better for her. I can't imagine how our Heavenly Father felt watching His Son go through the awful things HE had to face while in this mortal state. Thank you for the sacrifices and showing us the way.

1 comment:

skipper said...

Of course we'll pray for her! We sure had a great time with you guys yesterday!

Love you