Friday, September 11, 2009

Memories, Sorrow, Love, Togetherness

It's 9-11 again and as usual I remember exactly where I was and how I felt. I would never have imagined I could feel such pain for people I had never met or places I had never been. But my heartache was palatable, I felt like I could taste the smoke, the despair, the pain (at least a tiny bit of it). I was working for Senator Bennett at the time and when I got to work I was told they were closing the office. I left work and walk around the park and all over Ogden, not really thinking about where I was. I think I was in a state of shock ( at least a small one). I don't mean to demean the things the people who really experience those heinousness things. But my hurt was real and I couldn't imagine why someone could do this to others they did not know (and themselves for that fact) just to prove a point.

I know I have led a very sheltered life but to inflict this type of horror and pain on others intentionally was unthinkable to me then and it is now. I have no concept of that kind of hate. Thank Goodness!

To those who endured such horror, pain and lingering problems I bow to you and say my heart still aches for you and yours, to those who died on that terrible day my tears are ones of relief that it is over for you and you do not have to endure that again. What so many of you did trying to save one another, and others, I am so in awe of you and you shall always be my heros.

And today to those who spend their time putting up flags to honor all of you I give my thanks. I shall take this day to remember, cry for the pain and the memories, and rejoice for the coming together we saw our nation do after this. We need to remember how important our country is to us and what we have here, and be proud to be an American. I know I am.

1 comment:

sues2u2 said...

I'm w/ ya, mom.

love ya