Saturday, October 18, 2008

Here it is Saturday already and yes we made it to Sue's. We were pretty tired from riding three days but it is worth it to see Sue, Gene and the kids. Woke up early this morning and got up and we had breakfast and then lazy me, I went back to bed. Sue woke me to tell me she and Hanae were leaving to go to Nik's soccer game. That was about 12:30 and it's much later now. Not sure where they all are but I've had the day to just do whatever. I'm afraid I've been very lazy. Good thing though, I've been living on L-lysine and I need to get back to being just me without the EB.

Looks like there are clouds out there, guess we're going to be having some storms. Maybe it will cool down a bit. It has been in the high 80s. Talked to Kristie and she said it was in the 40s and 50 yesterday, guess we brought the weather with us.

This really have been a great trip and being able to see the three girls and their families has been so worth it but I must be getting old because I just don't seem to have the same energy to keep going like I used to.

Hanae showed me her hand today and we compared our hands because she has really long fingers and I told her I thought she had a hand like mine. She put her hand up and laid it next to mine. I told her this was her hand at 6 years old and mine at 66 so that was what she had to look forward to in 60 years. She said - OH. Really impressed she was. I thought it was funny. Little kids are just such a wonder to me, I do so enjoy being a grandma and watching and seeing things I never seemed to have time to see when I was a mom. That is the blessings of enduring to this age.

1 comment:

sues2u2 said...

We're really glad that you're here too. It was killing us waiting (sharing you guys!) for you to get here.