Monday, October 13, 2008

It's Monday October 13, 2008 just one day before we leave. I find myself really torn, I can't wait until we see Sue, Gene, Nik and Hanae but I sure will miss Kristie, Jared and Cooper. Cooper hasn't been very happy today, if those teeth don't come in soon, it will drive Cooper and his parents nuts. He really is a very good baby but you can tell he just doesn't feel so good right now, although he smiles all of the time. I feel like little Cooper has a disposition like his Mom and he loves the out doors like his Dad. We have enjoyed watching him learn new things every day. I love this age on up because they learn new things all of the time. Such a fun time in a baby's life.

It has rained most of the day today but has stopped tonight but has it ever turned off cold. It was in the high 70s and nights the low 60s but today I don't think it got up to mid 50s and tonight it was in the 40s as we came back to the hotel.

We did our washing this morning and most of it is dried but there are still a few things hanging around right now. Oh exciting, don't you think?

Funny thing - we heard that yesterday at Mom's they had 11 inches of snow and at our house they had 6 inches. Wow, didn't think we'd get snow so soon. We have been watching the weather to see which way to take down to Sue's. Boy it's a long trip.

Hey big news, gas is $2.75 today here in Des Moines. Sure would be nice if we could have that kind of price all the way until we get home. Oh well it has been fun watching it go down here. Some brightness in this economy. Hate to see what our
401s have done. Guess our remodel will have to wait for a while.

1 comment:

sues2u2 said...

Well don't plan on cheap gas here! Our cheapest is $3.29 but in Tucson we found it for $2.99. Maybe by the time we get up there next Monday it will be cheaper. I still can't believe that it's $2.75. I never thought to see it go below $3.25!

Pam sent the cutest pix of Cooper. I just wanted to come through the computer & "mug him"!

Glad you let me know that you're coming a day early. If you go through Texas DON'T speed. Even a mile over the posted limit!!!!!