Thursday, October 9, 2008

We went up to visit with Aunt Pammie. We only got to spend one day with her but it was filled with a lot of fun. First off we went out to dinner after getting to Pam at Sandy's. Lovely home she and Jeff have. We enjoyed dinner at Dangerfields. Yummy food!!! K and I got lemon chicken - oh my word, it was so heavenly. Big problem though I couldn't eat it all. But it was worth going all that way. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their dinner and then we went back to Pam's and K and C decided to stay the night there. They have this HUGE tub and of course, you just can't beat that. They seemed to really have a great time there and of course, Aunt Pammie loved having C to love and kiss all of the time.

The next day we went to a landscape arbritium. It was such fun, We were able to enjoy lots of lovely flowers, Halloween decorations, water falls, sprays and such. They have a beautiful rose garden. My goodness such variety and lovely smells. Then we also got to see a dahlia garden. There were so many varieties, many I have not seen before. There were daisy, mums, verbena, and so many more that I just can't remember all of the names. Many trees and the color is coming and wow, the trees were just so lovely. I guess you can figure it out it was a lovely day. Although, we didn't get to go to the "toy" place and I'm sorry about that because C would have loved seeing all of those things.

We didn't leave until after 6 pm so our arrival back in Des Moines was late, around 10 pm. Poor little C was so tired of his car seat and tried so hard to put up a big fuss but between his Mom and his just good nature - he was a little jewel. He's only six months old and just unbelievable how good he is.

While we are missing our other grandchildren, we are also enjoying being here with C and M and J and of coure K and J. We know it will be awhile before we can love him close up. Of course, when we get to S we'll feel the same way about enjoying them.

I know this is how our lives are meant to be but to have all our kids around closer would be so lovely. Although, this does give us a chance to travel around and visit.

Talked to Mom yesterday and she seemed to be so happy. The lady that was suppose to come and take her shopping didn't show up so her supervisor came and then they went out shopping. Guess Mom got lots of exercise, walking that is. She usually takes the ride around cart but there we none available so she walked after she had walked in from the back of the parking lot. I haven't called today because I figured she would be pretty tired. So glad they are taking such good care of her and I really am starting to relax. Thank you Father.

Have a good day everyone.

1 comment:

skipper said...

Your trip sounds just lovely! It was great fun talking to you guys on the computer the other day. We miss you but we're glad you're having such a great time. I want to love on that little baby more than I can say!
By the way, I got those ties done and might be doing some more. Aaugh! On the plus side, they're paying me $15 an hour to do all this work!
The kids don't have school next week (don't ask) so I'm thinking about visiting Grandma one day. What do you think? Which day would be best?
Talk to you soon,
Love,
Steph