Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's been a while since I was able to write. I talked earlier about going to the caregiver class and how much better I felt. It was really such a great feeling after just one get together. It was like a great pressure had been lifted.

Since then my brother has come back into the picture, he does now and then when it is convenient for him. If I don't call and tell him what is happening and what I plan to do he comes unglued but at the same time he doesn't feel it is important to tell me anything. So I was frustrated with it all and called around and hired a guy to come and fix her sprinkler system. It is working so great! But my brother showed up a few days later and was extremely upset. Why he had made plans to come and look at it and fix it. No, he hadn't called to tell me what he was planning on doing but I guess I'm suppose to "read" his mind. Anyway, it was a nasty phone call and got me all upset again. I worked really hard to put that somewhere else in my mind so as not to have to deal with the ugliness of it.

I talked to Mom this afternoon and something else is wrong, this time with her AC. I told her I thought she would need a new one. Well the guy that had come earlier just didn't do it right according to her. So here we go again. This is the frustrating part, we not only have to take care of her needs but her home's needs also. Which is a big job considering G is taking care of our home and yard and then going up to D to help him with his new garage. Where to go now??

Something on a more pleasant note, today at church in my Gospel Doctrine Class, which I teach we talked about the 2,000 Stripling Warriors. What a joy it must be to have children with such strong testimonies that they are willing to go to defend their country and families. I had not stopped to consider how old these young men were. About the age of our Aaronic Priesthood boys that pass the sacrament. Just think they were so serious and wanted to follow what their Mothers had taught them and they believed completely what the Lord told them to do. I have been blessed with five beautiful, faithful, wonderful daughters. Although, one of them is not active right now, she is still a good person and I have to remind myself. We have also been blessed to have four sons-in-laws that I would take anyone or all of them as my sons. They are all such great guys. They are willing to help us and do anything to be there for us. What more could we ask? Nothing as far as I can see.

Anyway, I am grateful for my family not only our daughters, sons-in-laws but our ten wonderful grandchildren. They are growing up so fast and they have been and are a joy to watch and be around.

2 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Have I told you lately how wonderful you are? I know it's hard to deal with everything & yet today you & Dad let me rattle on without saying a word. Your love & faithfulness to our Savior's teachings inspire me so much! I really feel that you are such a role model to me. Thanks, Mom. You "rock"!!

skipper said...

I feel bad that uncle K is giving you such a hard time. I really feel that you're making the right choices and heading down the right path. I'm especially glad that you and Dad are there for each other. Love you!