Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's Saturday and what a week. Been involved with Mom and her deck problems. The carpet was laid yesterday and G is up there putting up the railings. He is also going to wash down the front of her trailer - although if he gets started she'll probably have a million "other" things for him to do. On Monday the carpet guy is coming back to put the trim piece around the edge. He said the carpet is so thin that he wanted it to dry before doing anything else because the glue would come right through.

Also on Monday I am meeting with a lady from Weber County Senior Services. I have met her once before and talked to her on the phone. She is the one that runs the support group we went to. I asked her if she knew of anyone I could hire (because Mom has too much in savings to qualify for their regular programs). She talked to me for a while and then said she had a slot in a program that she would give to Grandma for someone to help her while we are gone. We are getting together on Monday for me to answer the questions (you know paper work) and then after a light lunch we are going over to Mom's so she can meet her.

I got brave yesterday after I had gone and got Mom's groceries and told her about this gal. She informed me there were lots around her in the ward that had offered to help - but up to now she would never take advantage of them. I doubt she would now. I tried to tell her it would make me feel so much better that I knew someone was there to get her groceries or take her shopping and pick up her meds and take out her trash. I don't know how this is going to work out, keep us in your prayers.

I am teaching tomorrow in the Gospel Doctrine class and the lesson is about Samuel the Lamanite who preaches to the Nephities about their sins and how they are unwilling to repent and follow the Lord's teachings through his Prophets. Some times I think we are a lot like those people and forget about what the Lord wants us to do and to give him thanks for all he does for us.

I am grateful for my "great" hubby. He makes me complete. I'm also grateful for our daughters and their wonderful husbands and of course for all of our grandchildren. They range in age from 16 years down to 5 months. Now how much more blessed can anyone be?

1 comment:

skipper said...

I wish I could do more to help, sometimes I think maybe we should have stayed down there....but I really do feel like we were supposed to come here. I'm glad you're going to have some help while you guys are gone. I really think you and Dad are doing a fantastic job taking care of Grandma. It would be great if that lady could keep coming after you get back. We're excited to see you too!
Love you