Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yesterday I had a great day and a bad day too. I met a lady, Laurie, from Weber Senior services for lunch and we talked and filled out paperwork to get some help for Mom while we will be gone on our vacation. I told her how Grandma wouldn't let me get her Meals on Wheels. After lunch we went over to Mom's house. Laurie is really good! After she had talked with Mom for a while she said, what about Meals on Wheels? Have you thought about that? You know they would bring in meals once a day and here's a menu and if you don't like everything, make sure you eat the roll, desert and juice. Now Mom started to think about that and decided well I could try. Laurie says well try while Pat is gone and then if you don't want it we can stop it after she comes back. By the time she left she had decided to give Mom a gal to come in once a day M-F and on Wednesdays (Mom's choice) the gal would take her shopping for groceries and medicine and then on Fridays she can get her trash out and what ever she would like her to do. Afterward, Mom says, you know I really don't need anyone coming in each day maybe every other week. I told her Laurie had set it up that way and she should enjoy someone to talk to. I also suggested she could ask them to take her for a ride so she could get out. I think she's thinking about it.

Then the bad part, we picked up some meds yesterday for Mom and they said they didn't have three like she had told us but they were having some problems with her insurance and so I forgot about the third one. Well Mom called last night and she had discovered she only had two of her medications. She then called the pharmacy and they said the other one had been picked up on Saturday. Mom then called us back and said she had called K to see if he had picked it up. Well he called her back and yes, he'd picked it up and she didn't need it until Wednesday so he'd get it to her then. I think he's trying to make a point but doing it with medication just doesn't set right with me. He wants to upset me to show me "how it feels when someone does something you don't know about". Funny thing about that is the other two things he's all out of joint about he told me I had to either decide to let him know everything or do it myself. I had told him about some other things and he blew me off saying they didn't need to be done. Then after he came and accused your Dad of throwing money right and left as G is working to save Mom $1,000 by taking the old carpet off and the railing off and on afterward. I decided he was so busy that I'd just do. Guess I'm having a bad time, when he was "taking" care of Dad I supported him 100% but he knows more than I do, I mean I'm just a "fat, old woman".

1 comment:

sues2u2 said...

I am so glad that Laurie was such a helpful person. It's amazing how exciting it is to know that Grandma will be taken care of while you are gone.

K, k, k, k. What to do w/ him. I really like Sis #2's idea of the letter. You can get your feelings out & yet you don't have to listen to him.

You do know that I love all of you right? I'm so glad that you & Dad are going to be able to get away. Please take care of yourself. We need you! We also love you so very much!!