Thursday, November 6, 2008

God bless America!

Our country has seen so much change in the years I have been here on earth and I marvel at it all of the time. Now we have elected a young man that is black and the funny thing is I hadn't even noticed until they showed blacks on TV crying as though their lives have been changed forever. Why is it when a "white" person talks about a black person we are looking wrongly at the blacks and are condemning them but the blacks seem to always be the ones that bring up the "race" card?

I pray for this young man and the choices he makes of people to work with him. I would think being President of US would be such a demanding job I do not envy anyone that is willing to do this. So much is asked and so many are waiting to criticize.

The great thing about the US is now that elections are over, we throw our support behind the newly elected President (or at least that is how it is suppose to be, but there will always be those unwilling to do just that).

God bless America we are strong because of our diversity. We can survive anything - remember 9/11? Everyone in America felt that heartache but quickly people's memories fade. Just so you know I voted for John Mc Cain but I am willing to work with our newly elected President and as I said I pray for him and those that work with him.

2 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Amen.

skipper said...

I agree. There are so many problems facing us as a nation that I'm also praying for our new president. I'm fervently hoping that he's the right one for the job right now. Anyway. Love you