Monday, November 10, 2008

Prop 8

I thought I could just let this go but it seems everywhere I go there are reminders so here goes with my "thoughts".

As far as the LDS Church members being upset by the "Church's" stand on this proposition I just do not understand. Are they active members and have they been listening since they were baptized? Just have to ask because I can't understand why they would question why the church does not change their stand on this. The Bible tells us the Lord has said it is an abomination against him. Now that is not only the LDS church that believes this but other churches as well.

I do not judge these people that are "gay" but I also do not understand what part of this they do not understand. Why wouldn't a church that believes in God, the Father and Jesus Christ his son not be willing to stand up for this? I understand the families of these people, they are hurting but why should things be changed because their children have taken another path in life. Should we look at all unnormal/unnatural things as needing to have changes to accommodate them?

I love the Lord and his son Jesus Christ and I am willing to do what "They" say. I know I am not anywhere near perfect, in fact I'm extremely a long way from it but at the same time I feel like I need to stand and be heard, even it's only by a few, my children, their children, etc.

I pray for these people that are so angry and upset because of this but I don't feel we should make changes on this. It's the Lord who said this - and we should remember.

1 comment:

sues2u2 said...

Good for you, Mom. We've talked several times about this & I agree wholeheartedly. The issue isn't about taking away tax, inheritance rights or even medical rights. The issue is that marriage needs to be defined as between ONE MAN & ONE WOMAN. Period.