Friday, November 14, 2008




Today has been such a nice day. We went to a caregivers meeting. These are the people that helped Mom while we were gone. They are so nice and this was such a fun and special time. We both really enjoyed ourselves. In fact, everyone there seemed to really have a good time. They had a lady playing a harp - very soothing. They had a nice lunch laid out so we could serve ourselves and they had people there giving back massages, foot massages and hand massages. I had a back massage and this was so nice, my neck has never felt better. I looked over and there was Glen enjoying a foot massage. Now that really was a surprise and he was enjoying it so much. Gives me great ideas for Christmas. Then we both had hand massages. Wow what a day. One hour of pure kindness.

There are people out there that make our lives so much better and so many times we forget to say Thank you. We both tried to tell everyone how much we appreciated their kindness.

When we came out to leave to go home the sun was shining (I think it was before we went in) but it just seemed to be so much brighter. Yes, my mood had changed so much and I really didn't think I was feeling bad before. So there you go.

This was just as nice as a day with our grandchildren and seeing and enjoying how much each of them love the world and are enjoying just living each day.

I know we all have difficult days and this has probably been a bad one for many of you out there but I do hope someone will come into your lives and help to make it "brighter" as ours has been.

2 comments:

sues2u2 said...

What a lovely post. I felt soothed just reading it! I know it sounds silly but I really did. I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed yourselves. And actually I can see several foot massages for Dad in his future!

So where can we get you a back massage? he, he

skipper said...

I'm so glad that you guys had a good time. I'm thrilled beyond words that you found this group and that they're helping you and Dad so much.
Love you