Saturday, November 1, 2008

Well we made it home but haven't had a chance to down load any of our pictures. I'm dying to try putting them on my site. Sue showed me a few things but I haven't tried anything yet.

It was good to be home, we got in about 4:;00 or so. We stopped by the grocery store and picked up some fresh stuff, milk, bread, eggs, etc. anyway I knew if we got home and I got out of the car I wouldn't be going back in that day.

We unpacked and got lots done but by evening we were both done in. We even ordered in, now that is a big deal. We usually don't do that for sure.

Oh and we got home to four large bags from the grocery store FULL of mail. Of course, most of it was junk but it still had to be gone through. Oh what a mess, you order anything online and they get you into they mailings. I need to take time and go to them and get off. Would save a lot of trees.

We had the chance to visit with Nan, Russ and family. It was so fun but extremely short. They are so good to us and I feel so badly that we didn't feel like we could stay longer. I know they feel shorted but we plan on going down later and staying longer.

Can I tell you it's so fun being a grandparent. The kids even like us and that means so much to us. Where they are all so far away it is difficult for them to see just how much we love each of them. For sure no one takes a back seat to another. But it's hard to show that all of the time.

I read some things about Marge Hinckley and she would write to her grandkids and they later said they all felt like they were her favorite. I thought that was so great to give those kids such great love and appreciation that they felt like that. I hope to be able to foster that in our grandchildren. Funny thing, I look at each of them and really can't figure out anything bad about any of them. They are just perfect, yea I know none of us have reached that "yet". But to me they seem that way.

Glen has gone out to mail some things and headed up to Uncle Don's to help him. Guess he missed working with him. Don had some scaffolding that needed to be taken down, so of course, your Dad it there to help. What would we do without him, I don't want to know.

The weather is overcast but warm but last night it was really cool, not what we're used to. Thought it was cool on the desert guess I forgot how it was here. Funny thing though, our planters on the front porch are partially alive but the back ones are doing just great. They look like it's perfect weather for them. They sure look pretty!

Glen closed the curtains and didn't turn on the lights so we didn't even get one T or T but we hadn't picked up any goodies extra, we did have a couple things but the "trunker treat" at the church pretty much gets all of them there and we only get the teens so we didn't feel to badly this year. First year though!!!

Glen just went over to the neighbors and they were telling him that we have kids walking by the mail boxes and opening them and leaving them like that. Sure wish we had those community mail boxes, they just seem so much more secure.

Oh well, guess I'd best get busy and do something, not like there is nothing to do. Hope your Halloween was fun!

1 comment:

Love bug said...

I am glad that you all made it back safely. I know it always feels good to get back home and in your own things and place. Thanks for taking the time to come out here and visit us. We sure love you both!